[PlanetCCRMA] updated: apt - changes needed in apt.conf!

Thu Nov 7 17:42:01 2002

I just updated apt (Advanced Package Tools) to the new 0.5.4 version in
the RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 repositories (8.0 was already using 0.5.4 but there
is also an upgrade to the newest revision <cnc9>).

So, here's what to do:

a) update apt only:

  apt-get update
  apt-get install apt apt-devel

b) for RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 users: update your /etc/apt/apt.conf file with
   the new template that is now in the web site at:

   http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/configuration/apt.conf-0.5.4

   The update is not critical but it will prevent a couple of warning
   messages in the output of apt-get because options have changed names.

c) test drive it, for example by installing the new version of synaptic
   (for RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 users):

  apt-get update
  apt-get install synaptic

The website update is still in the future (next hour?) but I wanted to get
this notice out now because the repository has been changed.

Enjoy!
-- Fernando