[PlanetCCRMA] qjackconnect

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Nov 6 09:35:03 2002

Makes sense. Please announce it as you usually do.

Thanks,
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
[mailto:planetccrma-admin@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]On Behalf Of Fernando Pablo
Lopez-Lezcano
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:48 AM
To: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] qjackconnect

> >    I attempted to build qjackconnect yesterday, but can't. I presume
that I
> > need to have the actual jack code, which I don't.
>
> Mark, qjackconnect 0.0.1 requires latest CVS jack, but Mattias forgot to
> say that. I dont recommend you get a CVS jack though, it will break a lot
> of stuff.
>
> >    You might look into offering an apt-get for this one of these days.
It's
> > small, and I think it will be useful.
>
> Yup, once the currect jack has stabalised enough to be released.

Yes, I'm waiting for that to happen. I did test an older version of
qjackconnect but it was not usable, the hack that was used to scan for
connections was causing dropouts (that's why it is not yet on the
repository).

When a new jack is released _and_ it is deemed to be stable I will rebuild
all the apps that use jack and add qjackconnect.