[PlanetCCRMA] alsaplayer failure

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Fri Dec 27 18:57:02 2002

Hi,
   Yes, in my case it's the new Hammerfall HDSP 9652, but I don't think
Steve is using that specific card. I'm guessing he has a Hammerfall 9652
or Hammerfall 9636, or possibly a DigiFace or MultiFace. (Which use the
Hammerfall 'DSP' driver, I believe.)

   I actually have a Hammerfall 9636 in my other machine that runs
GigaStudio most of the time. It's dual boot with older Linux software
from the Planet. I'll boot it and try pd on that machine.

   One problem with RME products is they make many called 'Hammerfall'
something or other, so it's hard to know what we're all using.

   I'm actually having trouble with the couple of applications that I've
tried with Alsa by itself. alsaplayer doesn't work without jack, and pd
didn't work either. They both worked with Jack.

Thanks,
Mark