[PlanetCCRMA] apt-get conflict resolution suspect?

John Barnes john.barnes@which.net
Mon Dec 23 10:57:01 2002

Fernando,

Thanks for your help. Here are some comments on your comments:

I think the cdda2wav and cdrecord conflicts arise, as you suggest, from
when I was getting xcdroast to work, so I have removed them for now.

There is no problem with man apt-get - the text in my message was a Copy
and Paste from my terminal window and man output is not logged to that!

The history that comes to mind re the ppp conflict is that I have made a
--nodeps install of mppe, following the instructions at
<http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-redhat-80.phtml>, which include

rpm -Uvh --nodeps ppp-mppe-2.4.0-4.i386.rpm

and involve editing /etc/modules.conf to change the line

alias char-major-108 ppp
alias char-major-108 ppp_generic

I don't feel competant to make any changes to the pptp client stuff.

Here is the apt-get check output, after removing the obsoletes:

[root@Merlin root]# rpm -e cdda2wav
[root@Merlin root]# rpm -e cdrecord
[root@Merlin root]# apt-get check
Reading Package Lists... Done
Collecting File Provides... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  kernel#2.4.18-14@i686: Conflicts: ppp (<= 2.3.15)
  kernel#2.4.18-17.8.0@i686: Conflicts: ppp (<= 2.3.15)
  kernel#2.4.18-18.8.0@i686: Conflicts: ppp (<= 2.3.15)
  kernel#2.4.18-19.8.0@i686: Conflicts: ppp (<= 2.3.15)