[PlanetCCRMA] The Oxygen 8 works! ... but...

Joseph Zitt jzitt@josephzitt.com
Fri Dec 20 10:29:01 2002

On 19 Dec 2002 14:43:59 -0800
Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> So, most probably a modules.conf like this would solve the problem
> (WARNING, you _have_ to replace the pid numbers in this example with
> the numbers that correspond to the two usb interfaces you have):

OK. How do I find out the proper pid numbers? I had understood that pids
are assigned pretty much arbitrarily on the fly as processes start up.
Would they remain stable if, say, the system is restarted?

> === CUT HERE ===
> alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
> alias usb-controller usb-uhci
>
> # --- ALSA configuration
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias snd-card-0 snd-usb-audio
> alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
> # --- OSS compatibility
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
> alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
> options snd device_gid=1 device_mode=0666 device_uid=0 cards_limit=2
> major=116
> options snd-usb-audio index=0,1 pid=0x1234,0xabcd
> # --- Keep modules from being autocleaned
> add options -k snd-card-0
> add options -k snd-card-1
> # --- ALSA configuration END
> === CUT HERE ===

> The first "pid" should correspond to your audio card, the second "pid"
> should correspond to the Oxygen8 keyboard.

I only see one pid in the example. Where would the other appear?

> Also, you should probably blacklist the snd-usb-audio module so that
> it is not autoloaded during the early boot sequence (when hotplug
> discovers the devices) but when the alsasound script executes.

I currently have "usb-midi" and "audio" as the last two items in
/etc/hotplug/blacklist. Should these do it, or should I add or change
something?

--
| jzitt@josephzitt.com                      http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| GPG: A4224EFA                         http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |