[PlanetCCRMA] Re: via686 driver problems with alsa update

Tue Dec 17 10:54:00 2002

> I recently updated to the latest alsa driver via apt-get following the
> directions from the changelog.  Following the update, the modules for my
> onboard via686 soundcard no longer load. I am wondering if this chipset is
> no longer supported or if there has been a name change.  Any ides?
>
> alias snd-card-1 snd-via686

The module name has changed... I found this on the notes for 0.9.0rc4:

"Note#2: Please, notice that we merged snd-via686 and snd-via8233 into
the snd-via82xx module. Also, the snd-usb-midi module users should use
the snd-usb-audio module which has integrated support for both USB audio
and MIDI."

So try changing snd-vi686 to snd-via82xx in modules.conf....
-- Fernando