[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9652 - Testing MIDI

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Wed Dec 11 21:22:01 2002

Fernando,
   There are oh so many places where this problem could be getting
created. I'll start here at the Planet and see if anyone here has seen
anything like this.

   I have made lots of headway this evening on the audio side of things,
having recorded and played back a number of things. Everything seems to
be working in one manner or another. So, on to MIDI.

   In the past you suggested I use pd which worked nicely for testing
simple MIDI functionality. I did that this evening with not so good
results:

[mark@Godzilla mark]$ su -
Password:
[root@Godzilla root]# pd
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:866:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p failed:
Device or resource busy
snd_pcm_open (output): Device or resource busy
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access (input): Invalid argument
Sample width set to 4 bytes
ALSA: set input channels to 14
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:297:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS
failed: Device or resource busy
snd_pcm_hw_params (input): Device or resource busy
pd: pcm.c:4907: snd_pcm_sw_params_current: Assertion `pcm->setup'
failed.
Aborted
[root@Godzilla root]#

At this point, all I've done is warm boot my machine, start KDE, open an
xterm, su to root and type pd.

Any ideas? I looked at the pd web page for bugs and what not but didn't
see anything.

Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance,
Mark