[PlanetCCRMA] jack - port segment key 0x0

Wed Dec 11 17:15:02 2002

> [root@Godzilla root]# aplay -device="plughw" phone.wav
>
> [root@Godzilla root]# jackstart -R -d alsa -r 44100 -d hw &
> [1] 1389
> [root@Godzilla root]# jackd 0.41.0
> Copyright 2001-2002 Paul Davis and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details

> creating alsa driver ... hw|1024|2|44100|swmon
>
> [root@Godzilla root]# alsaplayer -r -o jack
> cannot determine shared memory segment for port segment key 0x0 (Invalid
> argument)
> jack: server not running?
>
> I could not find a suitable output module on your
> system. Make sure they're in "/usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/".
> Use the -o parameter to select one.
>
> failed to load output plugin (jack). exitting...
> [root@Godzilla root]#

I vagely remember this error message from a post in jackit-devel, I
think it has something to do with the system running out of shared
memory space, there was a way to increase the amount the system reserves
on boot (that obviously I don't remember). Rebooting will probably make
this work again.

-- Fernando