[PlanetCCRMA] alsaplayer - choosing a CD

Wed Dec 11 16:10:02 2002

>    I have multiple CDROM drives on my Redhat machine and alsaplayer seems
> fixated on choosing the one I don't want it to choose to play an audio CD.
> How do I go about configuring alsaplayer, or else Redhat itself, to choose
> the specific CDROM drive I want it to choose?
>
>    I was sort of surprised not to find a command line option for this, but
> maybe I'm missing the point.

Usually programs have their configuration stored in files in the home
directory of the user running them. Apparently in the case of alsaplayer
the configuration is in a file named "config" inside the "~/.alsaplayer"
directory. Quit alsaplayer, edit that file and start it again.

-- Fernando