[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9652 - a couple of small (?) issues

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Tue Dec 10 20:42:01 2002

Hi,
   I'm finding that I seem to have two problems with this new card:

1) I am unable to turn down the volume with alsamixer. All the way up or
down, the volume is always very loud. Has anyone else seen this? Is
there some other tool which will actually control the volume?

2) If I use alsamixer and set volume bars and then use 'alsactl store'
to store the levels, if I use 'alsactl restore' the restore process
always sets channel 0 back to 0. Other channels are restored at their
saved levels. Is alsactl the right tool to use to accomplish this?

   I'm not at all clear who to report this to. Who works on alsactl and
alsamixer?

Thanks,
Mark