[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9652 patch - Failed Dependencies

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Dec 9 14:08:01 2002

Fernando,
   Maybe some of this is caused by me not actually being able to follow the
Planet installation instructions completely for this card? The instructions
basically take you through the process of install alsa, and then testing it.
One aspect of testing it is that you are supposed to be able to run
alsamixer, or some other mixer. However, on the Hammerfall series of cards I
cannot do this since I think it has no mix hardware in the design, or
possibly it does but isn't accessed correctly by the mixer application.

   Can I ask you to revisit the logic of the Planet installation process
with this in mind? On my previous machine that had a Hammerfall, the only
way I got it to work was to install two audio cards, the second of which had
MIDI and a hardware mixer.

   Also, I am reading between the lines that you believe I will have no
problems is the chkconfig --list alsasound said "1:on". Is this true? Or are
you just saying that this would have gotten the error message into the log
faster, but would not solve my real problem?

Thanks,
Mark