[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9652 patch - Failed Dependencies

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Dec 9 10:57:01 2002

Fernando,
   Thanks for taking the time to double check. I understand that this is a
new card and may take some time to get it working correctly. At the same
time, I want to get it going since this box is going to be my main Linux
DAW, and this is the main card. (3 ADAT interfaces, 1 s/pdif interface, 2
MIDI interfaces)

   Again, the card is working at least a bit under Windows, so I know there
are no major hardware problems. I think it's just a matter of figuring out
how Alsa really works. (Probably worth a PhD thesis I think...) ;-)

   I will run chkconfig when I get home this afternoon. That's a good idea.

   I have not found anything in the system logs yet, but I haven't looked
really hard. That will be over the next few days I think.

   This is a very stable machine, with a very common motherboard, but it
hasn't run Linux for a long time. Maybe there is some funny thing about it.
It has an onboard audio controller of some sort. I think I have it off in
BIOS, but possibly it's on and causing alsaconf some sort of problem. I
thought of that one earlier this morning.

Thanks much,
Mark