[PlanetCCRMA] HDSP 9652 patch - Failed Dependencies

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Dec 8 18:47:01 2002

Bummer.....same results.

1) All the RPMs installed fine with your extra instructions

2) At the start of alsaconf it says it sees the hdsp, and I choose it,
but the old alsaconf did the same thing. No difference so far.

3) At the end of alsaconf, I get failures saying it can't find the card.
It tries to start alsa but fails. I've cold booted. No changes.

One interesting clue. I cold booted and when I was at the command line,
after logging in, but before starting X, I looked at dmesg. I saw no
messages about the HDSP card.

After going into X, I looked at dmesg again, and the messages were
there. Don't know what that means.

The other VERY troubling thing about this process is that ANY time I run
alsaconf, I cannot reboot cleanly. The machine hangs trying to shut down
eth0, or somethign close to that point. Reset button, fsck time upon
reboot. Bummer #2.

Not good results so far...

Cheer,
Mark