[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Source rpms.

Sat Dec 7 21:55:02 2002

> 2) I made a mistake (one of many) when I told you the hde6 entry for the
> swap didn't work. I was looking at the output of the 'df -a' command,
> and I didn't see the swap file. Finally I noticed that it wasn't there
> for the standard kernel either, so I went and looked at 'top', which
> showed that it is loaded.

"cat /proc/swaps" will also show you what you have.

>    The downside of this is that I suffer error message both booting up
> and shutting down.I could just edit fstab when changing kernels. That's
> not too difficult, but I'll leave it this way for now.

If should be possible to define a label for /store as is the case for
the / partition but I don't know how to do that (probably with fdisk).
Anyway, if it is working...

> 3) I'm now trying to get the sound installed. alsaconf did find the card
> when running your kernel. It does not find it when running the RH
> kernel. Maybe this is expected.

It is unless you rebuild and install the alsa driver kernel modules for
the redhat kernel. The redhat kernel does not have any alsa drivers by
default.

Beware, the driver is not the latest and I think there is a problem with
the card not working after the first cold boot. A second boot will fix
things. I think there is a fix in current cvs (and the next planet ccrma
driver rpms).

-- Fernando