[PlanetCCRMA] kernel and alsa source package issues

Fri Dec 6 16:43:01 2002

> 1) The kernel-source rpm needs the ia64 header files added under:
>
> /usr/src/linux/include/asm-ia64
>
> Currently, only the asm-i386 header files are there.  Unless you
> know of another way to get around that error...

This apparently only happens in the 2.4.19-2.ll.acpi planet ccrma kernel
(based on 2.4.20pre4 if I remember correctly) - but it did not happen to
me while compiling it, maybe you enabled or disabled options that
triggered the inclusing of the include file. That include file is
actually missing in plain 2.4.19-1.ll and in 2.4.20 final (that I'm
currently testing) it does not include any reference to the ia64 include
files. So the fix will hopefully not be necessary in the next release.

> 2) The alsa-driver src.rpm files won't install on a custom kernel.
> Your packages look for a CCRMA kernel name (and /lib/modules dir)
> but if you build your own kernel, then you end up with this:
>
> /lib/modules/2.4.19-2.ll.acpicustom

What do you get if you do "uname -r" while booted into the custom
kernel? And what is the name of the /lib/modules directory for that
kernel? (I assume it is the one you mention in the previous paragraph).

-- Fernando