[PlanetCCRMA] Qs about CCRMA Kernel

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 4 14:49:00 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:41:18 -0800, Dr. Jifang Tian wrote:
> Hi,  everyone:
>
> I am very new to PlanetCCRMA.  I am wondering where
> can I find more detailed info on  the  "the optimized kernel"
> also called Planet CCRMA kernel matching set of ALSA
> sound driver. Is it a  real-time kernel ?  where can I find
> its source codes ?  Your reply is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Its sort of soft real time. Its a stock linux kernel with some patches
applied to ensure that the sheduler delays are as small as possible. The
source can be found in the kernel src RPM on the website.

Maximum sheduler delays are usually in the order of 1ms, but certain
things will cause problems.

- Steve