[PlanetCCRMA] Failed rpm -ba alsa tools

Tue Dec 3 15:56:02 2002

[sorry for the delay in answering, just back online after a week out on a
trip...]

> I've recompiled the planet src rpm with athlon optimization and followed
> the instruction at the threads. When I installed alsa with the new
> kernel, alsa tools won't install correctly displaying this (partly):

> cp: cannot stat `/install-sh': No such file or directory
> cp: cannot stat `/mkinstalldirs': No such file or directory
> cp: cannot stat `/missing': No such file or directory
> aclocal: configure.in: 6: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library

It would seem you do not have GTK installed, envy24control (the ice1712
chipset control panel) needs it to compile. What version of redhat are you
using? It sounds strange that the gtk dev libraries were not part of the
install.

-- Fernando