[PhDs] Schallfeld Ensemble plays new works by grad composers

Sean Iosaf O Dalaigh odalaigh at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 12 20:56:51 PDT 2023

Dear all,

Please join us (the composers) at a concert of new music in Dinkelspiel Auditorium during the first week of classes. The inimitable Ensemble Schallfeld are coming over from Graz to work on pieces by 5 composers in the DMA, see attached poster designed by our own multitalented Kimia. The concert is the 28th September at 7.30pm and, not only is it completely free, but there will be a pre-concert reception including wine, cheese and ENABs at 6.30pm.

Some said it was (overly) ambitious to host something in the first week of quarter. I say we will know whether this is the case in the second week of quarter… But for now help us make this a success! This can also serve as a 1st week back social gathering and catch up (we will no doubt also plan (or ad-hoc assemble) something for after the show).

Looking forward to catching up with you all,
Seán