[PhDs] Requesting summer funding

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Apr 1 10:57:20 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I have not heard anything about summer funding from the department, but I would be happy to ask that question on your behalf and report back. What I do know (and most of you are also aware) is that the department’s budget is always quite close to the bone, and they rarely have excess in the amount that would be needed to give you all summer funding. If there were a school or university program to help support it, things might be different. We shall see.

Also, as before, if you’d be more comfortable with both me and Carlos being off this list (but still being admins) please do let us know.

Hope you all get some sunshine today!

Nette

> On Apr 1, 2020, at 9:45 AM, Iran Rafael Roman <iran at stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Some departments at Stanford have guaranteed summer funding for all Doctoral students given the current COVID-19 situation.
>
> If you think our department should do the same, send me your non-Stanford email address to further discuss. A large group of students across departments are organizing around this issue.
>
> Nette, if you are reading this, do you know if the music department is considering this?
>
> In solidarity,
> Iran

Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator