[neuromusiclab] CCRMA openhouse Neuromusic contribution (poster, juke box) solicitation

matt matt at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Mar 28 19:07:35 PDT 2024

In years past we’ve loaded these stimuli into Apple’s “Music” (formerly iTunes) application as neuromusic user on one of the lab’s macintoshes, then loaded them all into some kind of “iPod”, like one of the ancient iPod touch devices from our former Mobile PHone Orchestra (mophork)

Then on the day of the Open House we just plug it into a loudspeaker in the hallway, which attracts people down the hallway to the lab while being less intrusive on the inevitable conversations with interested visitors.

(Also, for any of the experiments based on one of my Max patches,  I could help make a “player” that reconstructs from log files how subjects’ performances sounded (as I suggested to Alex), if any of you want to find good / interesting / fun / extreme segments to use from recorded dual piano etc…)

Thanks all for making this happen again!

-Matt

  --
CCRMA Executive Director (he, his, him)
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~matt     650-723-4971 x304

If you have received this email outside of your working hours, feel free to respond when you are back at work.