[neuromusiclab] Recruiting Subjects for EEG Study

Barbara Nerness bnerness at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Oct 27 11:19:24 PDT 2022

Hi everyone, I'm recruiting subjects for my study. Please let me know if
you are interested in participating!

Musically participatory meditation study:

We are looking for volunteers who can participate in guided meditation
sessions that ask you to listen to sounds, imagine making sounds, and
hum for our research project.

We are looking for people who are:

	*

Age 18 or more
	*

Have no hearing or vision problems in everyday life

	*

Able to participate in an EEG recording session lasting for 2 - 2.5
hours in the Knoll on Stanford campus 	* No musical experience required!

We are interested in how musically-engaging meditation practices are
associated with different brain states and related to subjective
first-person experiences. Understanding the relationship could help
establish music therapy and education programs effectively applicable to
clinical and general populations.

Your testing session will happen in the NeuroMusic Lab at the Center for
Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA) in the Department of
Music.

Each session would involve answering simple questionnaires and EEG
testing, in which we will use electrodes on your scalp and take
measurements while you are sitting in a comfortable chair and listening
to musical sounds and voice instructions. You will be asked to imagine
sounds and hum from time to time.

We would need you in the lab for about 2 - 2.5 hours including
preparation and instruction.

You will receive a gift card at the rate of $20/hour.

Please contact Barbara Nerness or Takako Fujioka by email (below) if you
have any questions or would like to make an appointment.

Barbara Nerness (bnerness at ccrma.stanford.edu)

Takako Fujioka (takako at ccrma.stanford.edu)

<><><>

Barbara Nerness
PhD Candidate, CCRMA | Stanford
MA Music, Science, and Technology, CCRMA | Stanford
BA Mathematics | UC Berkeley