[neuromusiclab] Winter lab meeting and Reading

Takako Fujioka takako at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 1 11:06:44 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

this is the reminder that we'll meet today at 4pm for the kick-off and
chapter 1 of Arbib book, then decide who's do what chapter. It's a huge
book so I think we'll do pick and choose rather than an exhaustive
approach.

Cheers,
Takako

--- chapters title/authors here ---

Part 1: An Expanded Perspective
1 Five Terms in Search of a Synthesis
2 A Cross-Cultural Perspective on the Signifi cance of Music and Dance
to Culture and Society:Insight from BaYaka Pygmies Jerome Lewis
3 Cross-Cultural Universals and Communication Structures Stephen C.
Levinson

Part 2: Action, Emotion, and the Semantics
4 Shared Meaning, Mirroring, and Joint Action Leonardo Fogassi
5 Emotion in Action, Interaction, Music, and Speech Klaus R. Scherer
6 Neural Correlates of Music PerceptionStefan Koelsch
7 Film Music and the Unfolding Narrative Annabel J. Cohen
8 Semantics of Internal and External Worlds Uwe Seifert, Paul F. M. J.
Verschure, Michael A. Arbib, Annabel J. Cohen, Leonardo Fogassi, Thomas
Fritz, Gina Kuperberg, Jônatas Manzolli, and Nikki Rickard

Part 3: Structure
9 The Infrastructure of the Language-Ready BrainPeter Hagoort and David
Poeppel
10 Musical Syntax and Its Relation to Linguistic SyntaxFred Lerdahl
11 An Integrated View of Phonetics, Phonology, and Prosody D. Robert
Ladd
12 Multiple Levels of Structure in Language and Music
Sharon Thompson-Schill, Peter Hagoort, Peter Ford Dominey, Henkjan
Honing, Stefan Koelsch, D. Robert Ladd, Fred Lerdahl, Stephen C.
Levinson, and Mark Steedman

Part 4: Integration
13 Neural Mechanisms of Music, Singing, and Dancing Petr Janata and
Lawrence M. Parsons
14 Sharing and Nonsharing of Brain Resources for Language and Music
Aniruddh D. Patel
15 Action, Language, and Music: Events in Timeand Models of the Brain
Michael A. Arbib, Paul F. M. J. Verschure, and Uwe Seifert
16 Computational Modeling of Mind and Music Paul F. M. J. Verschure and
Jônatas Manzolli
17 The Neurobiology of Language, Speech, and Music Jonathan Fritz, David
Poeppel, Laurel Trainor, Gottfried Schlaug, Aniruddh D. Patel, Isabelle
Peretz, Josef P. Rauschecker, John Halle, Francesca Stregapede, and
Lawrence M. Parsons

Part 5: Development, Evolution, and Culture
18 Communication, Music, and Language in Infancy Sandra E. Trehub
19 Evolving the Language- and Music-Ready Brain Michael A. Arbib and
Atsushi Iriki
20 Birdsong and Other Animal Models for Human Speech, Song, and Vocal
Learning W. Tecumseh Fitch and Erich D. Jarvis
21 Culture and EvolutionIan Cross, W. Tecumseh Fitch, Francisco Aboitiz,
Atsushi Iriki, Erich D. Jarvis, Jerome Lewis, Katja Liebal, Bjorn
Merker, Dietrich Stout, and Sandra E. Trehub