[Mininote] last class: music scanning

Craig Sapp craigsapp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:41:29 PDT 2010

Hello Mini-notation class,

This week we are going to look at SharpEye which reads scanned printed
music and converts it into symbolic form which can be imported into
music notation programs such as noteflight and musescore.  For
example, that is how I entered the data for this score:
     http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/727a728b16c697d4c94cb2eb36d5efe96d5c7598

Links to SharpEye can be found on the webpage:
    http://253.ccarh.org/lab/sharpeye
You can download SharpEye and use it free for 30 days (Windows
computers only).  Data files
exported in the MusicXML format from SharpEye can be loaded into
MuseScore or Noteflight.

The class will meet in room 129 of the Braun Music Building 5:30-7pm
on Tuesday (tomoorow)
-- not at CCRMA this week.

-=+Craig