[Mininote] web resource for first class online

Craig Sapp craigsapp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 19:35:25 PDT 2010

Greetings Notation Short-Course Students,

I put all of the materials from the first class online:
    http://253.ccarh.org/lab/noteflight
You can download a single PDF will all of the exercises done in class
from the file:
    http://253.ccarh.org/lab/noteflight/noteflight-tutorial-20100406.pdf

This will be particularly useful for those of you who have time
conflicts with the class, since nearly all of the steps necessary to
enter the data are illustrated in exercises 1-4.  And for students who
already did the exercises in class, it is always useful to do them
again for practice (especially trying to not look at the detailed
instructions, but just the notation at the top of each page).

For next week we will try the same (or similar) exercises in MuseScore:
    http://www.musescore.org

As homework this week (besides reviewing your Noteflight exercises),
you should download the MuseScore software to your laptop (if you are
bringing one to class).  To do this, go to the MuseScore website
listed above, and click on the large green "Free Download version
0.9.5" button in the top right of the webpage.  This should start a
download of the installation program for your particular operating
system.  Run the installation program after it is downloaded.  The
installation should be straightforward.  If there are any problems, we
can work on getting it installed at the start of class next Tuesday.

Another homework item is that you should search the Noteflight website
for "Maple Leaf Rag", and find the one entered by me (username:
craig).  Mark that score as one of your favorites: (1) click on the
red heart at the upper right side of the page, then click on the "Add
to favorites" button which appears from the drop-down menu.  I need
two more favorites to get ahead of another guy who has the Maple Leaf
Rag entered in a weird triplet notation...

-=+Craig