[manifesto] Welcome...

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jun 26 21:43:24 PDT 2018

...to the CCRMA Subcommittee on Manifestos (and the Special Interest
Group on the Philosophy of Things: SIGPoT).

from the general description (a manifesto-in-progress):
---
This is a mailing list to facilitate discussions of a philosophical
nature regarding life, the Universe, computers, music, design, and
Everything.

And yes -- manifestos.

We, of the CCRMA Subcommittee on Manifestos, shall concern ourselves
with all aspects of manifestos, including the metaphysical (what is a
manifesto? what is its essential nature?), the epistemological (what can
we know about manifestos?), the ethical (how ought a manifesto, uh,
manifest itself unto the world?), and, of course, the aesthetic (what
makes a "good" manifesto, and what does it induce in those who encounter
it? Is every work of art its own manifesto, and is every analysis of art
a manifesto in reverse?)
---

I propose that we find a time, perhaps when everyone is back, to take a
field trip (to food? SFMoMA?) to contemplate... something.

In the meantime, please send your life musings to this group.  So far,
our membership consists of Doga, Orchi, Jack, Trijeet, Juan, Carlos,
Mark H., and...

...philosophically yours,
Ge!