[mamst] Fwd: [cs-caships] CS Department is now accepting Spring quarter Course Assistant applications

Nick Shaheed nshaheed at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 30 09:50:04 PST 2024

For all your funding-based needs

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bettina Santos <bvsantos at stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 8:33 AM
Subject: [cs-caships] CS Department is now accepting Spring quarter Course
Assistant applications

Just a friendly reminder that the CS Department is now accepting Spring
quarter Course Assistant applications.

*The application deadline is 11:59pm on February 12.*

You can submit your CA applications through our CA hiring portal, here:

https://caapp.cs.stanford.edu/

The Spring course schedule can be found here:

https://www.cs.stanford.edu/course-schedule-spring-quarter

A few important things to note:

The deadline to submit your Spring CA applications is 11:59pm on February
12. Students that forget to submit an application, run out of time, or
experience "a glitch with the system", will need to wait until the
second-round application period in order to submit applications. Please be
aware that instructors have already started submitting rankings by this
time, so waiting until the second round has a significant impact on your
chances of receiving a position.

You have 2 weeks to submit your applications - please use your time wisely
and submit before the deadline.

Applications are not reviewed until after the deadline, so you are able to
submit as early or as late as you'd like and edit your applications any
time before the deadline. There is no penalty for submitting on the last
day that the portal is open, but it is always best to submit earlier rather
than later.

You will receive an email in mid March if you receive an assignment.

You must submit an application in order to receive an assignment. Even if
an instructor tells you that you're their top choice, you cannot receive an
assignment without submitting an application.

You are able to rank multiple courses as your 1st choice, but please be
aware that if you do this, there's no way for me to determine your actual
preference and I will assign you to whichever course is most difficult to
staff.

You are not able to switch courses after receiving a position.

*Please be sure to submit your Spring CA applications by the deadline at
11:59pm on February 12th. And please be sure to let me know if you have any
questions or issues with the portal.*

Best,

Bettina S.

--