[mamst] Fwd: [cs-caships] CS Department Now Accepting Winter Quarter CA Applications

nshaheed at ccrma.Stanford.EDU nshaheed at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Oct 16 14:04:58 PDT 2023

In case anyone's on the lookout for funding

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: [cs-caships] CS Department Now Accepting Winter Quarter CA
Applications
Date: 2023-10-16 08:34
 From: Nicholas Shaheed <nicholasshaheed at gmail.com>
To: nshaheed at ccrma.Stanford.EDU

---------- Forwarded message ---------
 From: BETTINA SANTOS <bvsantos at stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, Oct 16, 2023, 08:06
Applications
To: mscs at cs.stanford.edu <mscs at cs.stanford.edu>, Current PhD students
<phdcs at cs.stanford.edu>, cs-caships at lists.stanford.edu
<cs-caships at lists.stanford.edu>, ac at cs.stanford.edu
<ac at cs.stanford.edu>, lecturers at cs.stanford.edu
<lecturers at cs.stanford.edu>

Hi everyone!!

The CS Department is now accepting Winter quarter Course Assistant
applications.

THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 11:59PM ON OCTOBER 30TH, 2023.

You can submit your CA applications through our CA hiring portal, here:

https://caapp.cs.stanford.edu/ [1]

The Winter course schedule can be found here:

https://www.cs.stanford.edu/course-schedule-winter-quarter [2]

A few important things to note:

THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR WINTER CA APPLICATIONS IS 11:59PM ON OCTOBER
30TH, 2023. Students that forget to submit an application, run out of
time, or experience "a glitch with the system", will need to wait until
the second-round application period in order to submit applications.
Please be aware that instructors have already started submitting
rankings by this time, so waiting until the second round has a
significant impact on your chances of receiving a position. You have 2
weeks to submit your applications - please use your time wisely and
submit before the deadline.

Applications are not reviewed until after the deadline, so you are able
to submit as early or as late as you'd like and edit your applications
any time before the deadline. There is no penalty for submitting on the
last day that the portal is open, but it is always best to submit
earlier rather than later.

You will receive an email in early December if you receive an
assignment.

You must submit an application in order to receive an assignment. Even
if an instructor tells you that you're their top choice, you cannot
receive an assignment without submitting an application.

You are able to rank multiple courses as your 1st choice, but please be
aware that if you do this, there's no way for me to determine your
actual preference and I will assign you to whichever course is most
difficult to staff.

You are not able to switch courses after receiving a position.

Please be sure to submit your Winter CA applications by the deadline at
11:59pm on October 30th And please be sure to let me know if you have
any questions or issues with the portal.

Best,

Bettina S.

--

BETTINA SANTOS, M.S

Student Service Officer

Computer Science Department

Stanford University

PROSPECTIVE CA? Please visit here [3] for current updates and important
information.

Zoom Office Hours [4]: Fridays 9-10am

Links:
------