[mamst] Fwd: Music Library is hiring

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 5 15:27:52 PDT 2022

Hi all! Don’t know for certain if you’re all on the musicgrads list, so I thought I should forward this to you. The Music Library folks are really great, and if you have time and need a little income, this would be a good gig :)

Nette

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Vincent Kang <vkkang at stanford.edu>
> Subject: Music Library is hiring
> Date: April 5, 2022 at 3:15:03 PM PDT
> To: "musicgrads at lists.stanford.edu" <musicgrads at lists.stanford.edu>
>
> Hello!
>
> We are hiring an evening graduate student assistant for the music library. Please let me know if you are interested.
>
> Evening Graduate Student Assistant
>
> The evening library assistant position is open to Stanford graduate students only.  Candidates for this position must be willing to work during the evening hours from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Monday - Thursday, for a minimum of 4-8 hours per week and a minimum two quarters commitment with possibility of extension.
>
> The assistant is primarily responsible for the safety and security of evening operations. He/she/they will work independently with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment, consult with library staff, and make sound decisions regarding daily evening operations, policies, and procedures. There will also be opportunities to assist with special projects depending on individual experience and interests.
>
> Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
> Administer general circulation tasks: assist library patrons with informational and directional requests, charge and discharge materials, provide access services, and apply library policies.
> Provide a high level of service to members of the Stanford University community and campus guests.
> Open and close the library at appointed hours.
> Assist with overall collection maintenance, which includes sorting, preparing returned material for shelving, shelving returned material and other media, new material processing, and bindery preparation, as well as processing materials for course reserves and processing holds, recalls, and other departmental notices.
> Participate in cross-training to ensure all library responsibilities are performed in case of temporary absence of personnel.
> Special projects and other duties, as assigned
> Preferred skills:
>
> Library experience
> Music graduate or extensive knowledge of music
> Paid:
>
> $24 (without library experience)
> $28 (with prior library experience)
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> Vincent Kang
> Operations Manager
> Stanford Music Library
> 541 Lasuen mall
> Stanford, CA 94305-3076

***
I am on campus on Monday and Thursday, and working from home Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I may be able to meet in person on Tuesday or Friday, by special arrangement.
***
<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator