Hey 151 peeps...

Gregor Zdunski Hanuschak gzh@Stanford.EDU
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:00:17 -0800 (PST)

Do you know the answer to any of the following?

The ear detects of interaural time and intensity differences as a signal
arrives to:
   A.  the tympanic membrane
   B.  the meatus
   C.  the pinna
   D.  the basilar membrane

If a sound wave was applied directly to the oval window the energy
transferred would be:
   A.  >80%
   B.  about 25%
   C.  < 1%
   D.  < 4%

The Sheppard or Risset tones are auditory illusions that are created by
   A.  a sine wave
   B.  pitch complexes made up of odd partials
   C.  pitch complexes made up of inharmonic spectra
   D.  multiple sinewaves tuned in multiples of 2

The Shepard Tone is an auditory illusion made up of:
   A.  sounds made up of single sinewaves
   B.  sounds made up of inharmonic spectra
   C.  sounds made up of partials tuned to multiples of 2
   D.  sounds made up of odd harmonics

I figured out all the others...  Is it just me or are the online readings
completely useless for doing this assignment?

- Gregor