[LAC-19] wireless access for lac at ccrma

Tue Mar 19 09:56:30 PDT 2019

Hi all,
Small detail: wifi access for lac at ccrma.

In Dink we can rely hopefully on the Visitor Stanford access.

But at CCRMA we need to set up our "karma" account with some new
password that we can give out to our visitors. Should be in the
visitor's pack or information sheet?

An interesting wrinkle is that our new wifi portal has a limit for the
number of devices that a given account can register. Right now this is
set to 8 which was considered reasonable. The shared "karma" account
will have many many more. The only workaround I can think of is
temporarily upping the number of devices an account can register to, say
200. I'll try to do that when I get to ccrma... (we hit the same problem
with slork). Sigh.

-- Fernando