[LAC-19] LAC19 streaming platform

carlos at ccrma.Stanford.EDU carlos at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 12 18:44:12 PDT 2019

On 2019-03-11 18:29, carlos at ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:
> On 2019-03-11 17:11, Romain Michon wrote:
>> Hey Carlos,
>>
>> Thanks so much for all of this! Let me know how I can help testing
>> this.
>
> Sure, I'll do some preliminary tests tomorrow and then we'll do
> extended tests.
>

> -- Carlos

Hello again. More progress.

Successfully tested full gear setup, now very close or identical of what
we will be actually using for LAC19:

=== SERVER SIDE AND SOURCES ===

   (infrastructure)

- cm-jam with Icecast2 software as the main streaming server.

- cmn58 (workstation) with OBS as the main/only source streaming server
feeding Icecast (via FFMPEG sending A/V via icecast:// protocol)

   (audio and video of the venue / presenter)

- Camera connected via HDMI to capture card #1, and card connected via
USB to cmn58

- 1 MIC connected to Tascam 2x2 audio interfaces, connected to USB to
cmn58

- OSB configured to use directly 2x2 interface to potentially mix
several channels of audio inputs from the audio card

    (presentation, desktop sharing, video playback... from presenter's
laptop)

- Laptop HDMI output connected to an HDMI splitter

- HDMI splitter output #1 connected to an HDMI extender over Ethernet

- HDMI splitter output #2 could be the one to connect to the projector
for the audience

- Receiver side from the HDMI over Ethernet connected to capture card #2

- Capture card #2 connected to cmn58 to feed laptop's video feed into
OBS

=== CLIENTS ===

- 2 laptop clients, mine locally and another remote watching the live
streaming and receiving audio and video.

- 1 mobile phone client watching the live streaming and receiving audio
and video.

=== SCENES ===

   Audio:

- Mix coming from Tascam 2X2

   Video:

Switching from:

- cmn58 own Desktop feed

- Camera live video feed

- Laptop's live HDMI output feed

I already talked to Dave; we will be doing live tests soon, maybe this
evening and/or maybe some of tomorrow's events around here (setting up
things in the Stage as it will/could be in Dinkelspiel).

In addition, I'm also configuring one of our more portable
"workstations", cm-minigrail - which we used on our last Bing concert as
the GRAIL playback unit - to use it as the main Source Streaming Server
instead of cmn58. It's a rack-mountable unit which is smaller and
lighter than any regular workstation we have around.

Greetings.

-- Carlos