[LAC-19] Some notes from this morning's meeting

Matt Wright matt at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 4 12:49:17 PST 2019

LAC: finalize potential details

latest versions of papers from openconf are not necessarily final camera-ready

Frank may have gone through all of these and sent emails to folks like Nando who still haven't updated

Just send Romain the final version.   Nando will do it via "git push"

Frank reviewed all of the papers and presumably bugged everybody as necessary

Paper sessions all in morning
Afternoons always workshops
Keynote on last day
Closing Ceremony just talking and thanks and announcing LAC2020

Constantin has been in touch with all people about concerts and installations

Yesterday's angry email was very successful:  5 new volunteers to be assigned.  Yay!

Romain will re-send the LAC to-do link so we can all to down ideas for possible volunteer tasks

Going through the old to-do list...

Prepare signs
We got an ISDN; should have proceedings by this week

Side note: Stage lighting system is in trouble; likely needs some replacement parts.../

Dimmer bars are failing, connected to DMX and power

simple solution, without redesigning the whole system:  buy DMX spotlights.  Usually come with a pass-thgouth DMX
Buy LED spotlights, drop-in
program the same number that each one responds to, could be drop-in and replace
Replace the spots themselves and the dimmers

Noah looked at current spotlights; was not easily able to fix them

Later we could replace the controller - then we can control color etc.

If so then we'll start buying new ones, which we could potentially lend from the Stage for Club Night

Club night:

By default we'll rent lights, e.g.,:
https://lbre.stanford.edu/event-services/equipment-services/lighting

Video projections during club night - do any pieces require projection?  Yes, two.
There are screens behind the seminar room.
Could offer a bigger screen with two next to each other, use old short-throw projectors

We have several projectors in the gear closet, e.g.,  the Optoma

Are we allowed to grill in the music department patio?  SK hasn't replied.

Rent standing tables for club night - haven't yet.

NW will order 5x 30" diameter, 42" "kiosk" height

https://lbre.stanford.edu/event-services/equipment-services/tables-chairs

NW also ordered refuse bins

Club night at BRH needs:
8 QSC K8
4x M-audio subwoofers
Rent a zipcar

Club night at CCRMA:
8.4 from GRAIL

-> MW double check CCRMA tarp supply

Badges?  NW inventory if we have enough from Artful design

Stanford folders from bookstore, e.g.:

https://www.bkstr.com/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10001&categoryId=44905&productId=68405323&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&langId=-1&top_category=38976&parent_category_rn=548766&storeId=10161

Have some cash to have on hand
Fee will be $25
People will pay at registration table.
-> Nette will get some $5s and $10s

Will visit Dink this week

Zack questions:
- where to hang posters in Lobby?
- how to use video projection?  What screen does it project on?  Where's the HDMI (?) input?  Stash HDMI splitter there?
- How to access audio?
- OK to power audience laptops?
- Where are there physical ethernet jacks anywhere in Dink?

- BRH video projection?

Nando sent a helpsu ticket this morning asking for a vlan connection into Dink

Coffee for the 10:30 break  always in the Dink lobby, just SatSunMon

-> Carlos has video mixing part; needs to do the streaming part

Dave will be behind the camera for paper sessions and concerts

What about the second camera?  A fixed wide shot?  Plus screen capture of slides.  RM thinks one camera plus screen capture would be good/sufficient.

Dave has a box with an HDMI input that plugs into the computer.

CC bought two of the little HDMI to USB frame grabbers; Dave now has one
-> also need HDMI splitter

Probably will put HDMI splitter at the presenter's lectern next to the presumed HDMI feed to the projector.

We have HDMI over Ethernet  - probably want one set to get from splitter to record/streaming machine

Don't want to use too long of HDMI cables.

Need a few projectors

We have Chairs for all sessions.

--
CCRMA Technical Director