[LAC-19] OBS test successful

carlos at ccrma.Stanford.EDU carlos at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Feb 5 16:20:16 PST 2019

Hello dear all.

I made a nice and successful test with OBS (screenshot of one of the
scenes inside OBS attached). I was able to easily:

- take 2 different sources: video camera (almost)realtime stream via USB
capture HDMI card, and desktop/screen feed
- organize them in 2 scenes
- mix on the fly these two scenes with nice scene transitions (Fade,
Swipe...)

OBS seems really functional and easy (to use and configure).

For now we have available 1 video camera (for zoom in/out, short shots,
details) and 1 webcam (i.e. for fixed general view of the presenter and
screen) as video sources (and maybe my Android developer phone as a 3rd
live video feed) but we are considering buying a new video camera.

Next thing will be to prepare the streaming server. I'll let you know
more.

-- Carlos