[Grads] CCRMA Transitions 2023 | Call for Works

Constantin Basica cobasica at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Sep 10 14:49:12 PDT 2023

Hi All,

Hope your summer is wrapping up nicely!

CCRMA will celebrate the start of the 2023 concert season with its annual Transitions—two concerts showcasing music from the CCRMA community and beyond. This year we will host Transitions in the Stage to inaugurate various facility upgrades in our concert space. Two different programs will be presented on Thursday-Friday, October 5-6. Each night there will be two concerts of the same program to accommodate a larger audience as we can only seat around 40 people within optimal distance from the speakers.

We hope to present diverse music related to computers and electronics in a combination of fixed media, live performances, and audiovisual works. And we want to program your work! So please submit a proposal by September 24. Workds that are finished or in progress are equally accepted as long as you can provide some sample/demo. If your work is selected, you will have to submit the final files along with info for the program by October 1.

We encourage submissions from all students, staff, and faculty, as well as alumni! We are particularly hopeful to receive proposals from the new MA/MST, PhD, and DMA students!

We would love to showcase works that take advantage of our 56.8 speaker dome. But of course any setup ranging from mono to Higher-Order Ambisonics will be equally considered for artistic value :)

To submit a piece, please fill out this form <https://forms.gle/YReFqWge17qGWdez8>. Please note that you are welcome to submit more than one piece, but only one can be programmed in the concerts (unless it is a series of short pieces).

Looking forward to receiving your works!

All the best,
Constantin