[Grads] Fwd: Graduate Audio Signal Processing (GASP) research group

Mark Rau mrau at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Sep 30 11:49:09 PDT 2022

Hi All,

There was an error with the grads list so not everyone got this e-mail,
please see the announcement for GASP and come hang out if you are
interested!

Mark

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Rau <mrau at ccrma.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Sept 2022 at 10:22
Subject: Graduate Audio Signal Processing (GASP) research group
To: <grads at ccrma.stanford.edu>

Howdy!

It was nice to hear the introductions from new students last night, and I
look forward to meeting those I haven't met yet. It looks like we have a
lot of new students who are interested in DSP!

A few years ago we started a weekly/bi-weekly group among grad students to
meet and discuss projects we have been working on and research we are
interested in related to DSP. I would like to invite anyone who is
interested to join the meetings!

I think for the first meeting we can just get to know each other and talk
about some of the things we are interested in. For the remainder of the
Fall quarter, I propose that we take turns choosing a paper we recently
read or have been interested in reading and discussing among the group,
with the person who choose the paper leading the discussion.

I propose that we meet from 12:20-13:20 on Wednesdays. This avoids any
CCRMA classes and 192A, 320, and 256A are all on Wednesday, so I assume a
number of people will be around. If there are any scheduling issues, please
let me know and we can discuss the time/date. No need to RSVP, but if you
want to reply to give me an idea of who is interested, that would be great.

WHAT: Graduate Audio Signal Processing (GASP) research group
WHEN: Wednesdays from 12:20 - 13:30, starting October 5th
WHERE: CCRMA seminar room
WHO: students who are interested in DSP research
WHY: Let's make funny sounds!

Best,
Mark