[Grads] 05-300 The Knoll and 05-310 the Knoll Garage 2022 Fire Inspection Thursday November 3rd, 2022 at 1:45 PM

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Oct 31 13:27:16 PDT 2022

Greetings!

This Thursday (11/3) CCRMA will have our annual fire safety inspection at 1:45PM, and I need your help. The attached document is what the inspector will be checking on; most things you do not need to be concerned about, but I want to draw your attention specifically to the points about electrical outlets, extension cords and locations, and storage.

Please take some time this week to look around your workspaces to be sure you’re not daisy chaining <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_chain_(electrical_engineering)> powerstrips together, that electrical cords are organized and are not running in places they could be damaged, and that anything you have stored does not impede egress from rooms or through hallways. If you would, please fix problems as you are able, and if you need help with any of it let Matt and Nette know. You are also welcome to let us know if you see issues in common areas or as you walk through the building.

Thank you!

Nette

***
I am on campus on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and working from home Wednesday and Friday. I may be able to meet in person on a Friday by special arrangement.
***
<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator