[Grads] Re-Presence - DMA residency - OCT 27 7.00PM @ EPC

Sean Iosaf O Dalaigh odalaigh at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 18 22:30:02 PDT 2022

Dear Music and CCRMA grads and faculty,

We (the composition DMA and CCRMA students) are delighted to share with you the date and time for a very special concert next week. Re-Presence is a concert of new works by some of the composers in the department, realised by an outstanding group of visiting artists. It will take place in the Elliot Program Centre next Thursday the 27th with a pre-concert reception at 7pm and the show starting at 8pm.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/re-presence-tickets-444387955337?utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=escb

The concert is free and open to all. We would appreciate it if you spread the word or bring a plus one or two! The works all deal in some way with the reality of us again being together, tentatively returning to share the same intimate spaces.

It is an extra special residency for us as it was one that early on fell victim to Covid. This was intended as the forum for composer and DMA alum Charlie Sdraulig to present his dissertation work, but was put on indefinite hold. We are delighted to have reanimated it and also that Charlie will travel to join us for it, all the way from Australia. Charlie will also lead us in a discussion with a presentation of his work at the Composers Forum on Tuesday the 25th at CCRMA. (Classroom or Seminar room TBC…).

Kind regards,
Seán