[Grads] Call for Summer 2023 Workshops

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Dec 2 10:22:25 PST 2022

Greetings, all!

Happy start to winter festivities and holidays! I hope this email finds you all well, comfortable, and safe.

Last summer was a bit rough for our workshop programs, with several electing to cancel due to low enrollment and other concerns, however I am confident that this year we will be able to have the schedule finalized, contingency plans in place, and registration up and running in ample time for people to make travel plans to come and attend in person.  Of course, although we’re getting back to life as though we are “post pandemic” we still need to be prepared to shift to remote teaching and learning should the conditions warrant. I welcome your thoughts on planning and reasonable timing for making the call to change formats, while also reminding you that we will have to abide by the county (university, state, federal) restrictions (and that we can choose to be more restrictive if we wish).

Please let me know:
A) if you're interested in teaching a workshop (include a working title of that workshop) in summer 2023;
B) what format your workshop would work best (online, or in person), and if you’d be able to and interested in adjusting it one way or the other if conditions change; and
C) the approximate dates you would like to teach.

Summer session this year is from June 19 through September 1, although it *may* be possible to schedule into September, particularly if you’re offering your workshop online. Send me your info and a rough abstract ASAP, particularly if this is a new or substantially reworked offering. We can be flexible and creative with scheduling, although avoiding concurrent offerings is always preferred. Send me your ideas and let’s see what we can work out!

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Nette

PS: To remind you, last year's offerings <https://ccrma.stanford.edu/workshops> were:

CANCELED Perceptual Audio Coding: Marina Bosi, Rich Goldberg
Algorithmic Composition with Max/MSP and Open Music: Davor Vincze, Andrew Watts
CANCELED Digital Audio Effects: Champ Darabundit, Mark Rau
CANCELED Distributed Arts Collective: Constantin Basica, Alex Chechile
Recording Arts: Cory Cullinan, Jay Kadis
Designing Physical Interactions for Music: Sasha Leitman, Roger Linn
CANCELED Max/MSP/Jitter I: Christopher Jette, Matt Wright
Computer-Assisted Composition with Python: Marc Evanstein
CANCELED Max/MSP/Jitter II: Doug McCausland, Matt Wright
CANCELED: Gestural Music-Making in Max/MSP: Doug McCausland
CANCELED: DIY and High-Speed Approach to Creating Audiovisual Works: Kimia Koochakzadeh-Yazdi, Stephanie Sherriff
Deep Learning for Music Information Retrieval I: How Neural Networks Learn Audio: Camille Noufi, Irán Román
Deep Learning for MIR II: State-of-the-art Algorithms: Camille Noufi, Irán Román
CANCELED: SuperCollider: Bruno Ruviaro
Perception-Based Orchestration for Composer-Performers: Yuval Adler, Nick Virzi
***
I am on campus on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and working from home Wednesday and Friday. I may be able to meet in person on a Friday by special arrangement.
***
<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator