[Grads] CCRMA Transitions 2022 | Call for Works

Constantin Basica cobasica at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Aug 16 16:35:43 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Hope your summer activities are going well!

CCRMA will celebrate the start of the 2022 concert season with its annual Transitions—two outdoor, under-the-stars concerts showcasing music from the CCRMA community and beyond. On October 6-7 we will deploy a system of 24.8 speakers, a large projection screen, a stage, and lights outside in the Knoll Courtyard to present live performances, fixed media electronic music, and audiovisual works.

We want to program your work! So please submit a proposal by September 23. If your work is selected, you will have to submit the final files along with info for the program by September 30.

We encourage submissions from all students, staff, and faculty! We are particularly hopeful to receive works from the new MA/MST, PhD, and DMA students! We would love to include in the program works that take advantage of our 24.8-speaker setup in the Knoll Courtyard. But of course any setup ranging from mono to Higher-Order Ambisonics will be equally considered for artistic value :)

To submit a piece, please fill out this form <https://forms.gle/yfBLzw7JJBGsontK7>. Please note that you are welcome to submit more than one piece, but only one can be programmed in the concerts (unless it’s a series of short pieces).

Looking forward to receiving your works!

All the best,
Constantin