[Grads] [PhDs] Hello from your CCRMA Grad Rep!

Barbara Nerness bnerness at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Sep 19 19:34:47 PDT 2021

Dear CCRMA grad community,

I'm happy to say that I will be serving as your CCRMA grad rep this
year!

For those who are new, the position was created in 2018*, when graduate
students from across the Music department wanted to be able to discuss
important issues, such as curriculum, admissions, and
diversity/inclusion, with the Chair. We decided to have one
representative from each Music sub-discipline: Musicology, Composition,
and CCRMA. A new representative is elected each year.

My role is to conduct surveys on how you feel about departmental issues
and present a summary of these findings with the Chair. Anything you
share with me will be kept confidential. Feel free to find me at my desk
(3rd floor), around the building, on email, or if you prefer,
anonymously at this always-open form:
https://forms.gle/NBPwzTRDCvcBuvZf7 [1]

I'll be organizing a Town Hall with Matt and Nette once per quarter at
Colloquium (usually the 3rd or 4th Wednesday) and collecting topics
you'd like to discuss & other feedback about a week beforehand.

During this extra-intense time as we start the quarter, I want to
mention some available mental health resources at Stanford (see below).
Please feel free to reach out if something comes up, and I'll try my
best to point you in the right direction. :)

Looking forward to meeting / seeing everyone,

Barbara

*2018 or 2019?

list of mental health resources [2]

urgent help guide [3] (general health crisis)

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) FAQ [4]

Confidential Support Team (CST) [5]

<><><>

Barbara Nerness
PhD Candidate, CCRMA | Stanford
MA Music, Science, and Technology, CCRMA | Stanford
BA Mathematics | UC Berkeley
www.barbaranerness.com

Links:
------