[Grads] CCRMA Conference/Research/Travel Funding for This Year

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Sep 7 18:37:57 PDT 2021

Greetings, all!

We are rapidly gaining momentum for the start of the new academic year, in person for the first time in 18 months. We're looking forward to seeing you again, or meeting you in person for the first time!

Along with the careful reopening of campus and CCRMA, travel is now a thing again, although we also hope that lessons learned through the pandemic remain and that conferences continue to allow virtual participation. That said, we are pleased to announce our funding policy for travel/research/performance/conference participation for the year. Details are below, and as always, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out. And, as most of our lives have been over the last 18 months, this is entirely dependent upon university policy and guidance around travel, and is subject to change. For the most up-to-date information regarding university-sponsored travel, please bookmark https://healthalerts.stanford.edu/covid-19/travelers/.

Conference (research, performance) participation and travel funding policy for FY22

All CCRMA graduate students (co-terms, MAs, PhDs), faculty, and staff, and all Dept. of Music doctoral students whose work is connected to CCRMA, are eligible for funding up to $1,500 to help off-set participation and presentation expenses. As always, if you’re unsure if your situation will fit the requirements please just ask :)

The requirements:
• must be for an accepted paper, poster, or performance
• must be approved by adviser (for students)
• must be used within FY22 (Fiscal Year: Sept. 1 2021-Aug. 31 2022)
• travel expenses can only be used for one conference; if you are attending virtually, you may use the funds for up to 3 conferences
• NEW Stanford policy: ALL travel must be booked through approved Stanford travel channels: https://fingate.stanford.edu/business-travel-expenses/stanford-travel-program <https://fingate.stanford.edu/business-travel-expenses/stanford-travel-program>
• Expenses should be submitted to Nette, with approval (for students), receipts, proceedings (programs), and proof of travel in a timely manner; expenses that aren’t processed for reimbursement within 60 days may be subject to Federal taxation (not my rule…)

Allons-y, mes amis!

Nette

***
I am on campus sporadically, and available by appointment (physically or online) until in-person classes resume on Sept. 20, 2021
***
Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator
Dept. of Music, Stanford