[Grads] Construction on EVGR starting again on Monday (5/4)

Nette Worthey networth at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Apr 30 10:42:59 PDT 2020

Hi all,

You have probably already been notified that construction on the new grad housing will recommence on Monday, but I wanted to be sure you heard, and that you know the university is working on possible mitigations for you all. Here’s what they’re looking into:

> For our graduate students who live in or near EVGR, there will be significant disruption over the next 3 months. This is exacerbated by the current shelter-in-place that prevents students from going to the libraries or their department offices to work. I spoke with colleagues in the Graduate Life Office (GLO) and can share the following:
> ·         Students may wish to speak to a GLO dean to discuss their individual situation and options (e.g., cancelling their housing contract).
> ·         GLO is hoping to identify dedicated areas on campus that students can access for studying. There are challenges associated with calendaring and cleaning to ensure student distancing and safety, so we do not know when or if this will become available.
> ·         Students who experience medical issues as a result of the construction should seek medical care. GLO is working with individual students to relocate them if there is medical need.

If you have ideas or needs, you should reach out to the GLO deans. I will let you know if I hear any updates.

Hope you’re all hanging in there! Who would like a Jitsi hang out today (before 2) or tomorrow?

Nette

Nette Worthey
CCRMA Administrator
Dept. of Music, Stanford