[CM] What motivated the change from CL to Scheme?

Cian cian.oconnor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 08:22:32 PST 2023

Orm recently merged my pull request that added support for the Mac, so jack
is no longer needed. I use cm-incudine on the Mac, and so far I haven't run
into any issues.

I wrote a blog post a while back which explains how to install commonmusic
and incudine on the Mac:
https://cianoc.github.io/2023/09/12/Installing.html

It's a little fiddly, but it's not a huge deal.

I mostly use CommonMusic for composed stuff, so I'm not sure how reliable
it is for livecoding. But I would guess if you're using
SuperCollider/CSound as a backend then it's fine. I've used MIDI a little,
but not enough to really stress it, so I can't speak to latency/jitter
issues. But again I'd guess it's probably fine.