[CM] Broken Motif build on OSX

Cian cian.oconnor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 07:02:57 PST 2023

Following the osx instructions in the readme.snd file I had to modify the
suggested config script to the following (obviously I was building for the
M1):

./configure -prefix=/opt/snd-s7 CFLAGS="-target arm64-apple-macos11
-I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/openmotif/2.3.8_2/include -I/opt/X11/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/openmotif/2.3.8_2/lib -L/opt/X11/lib"
--with-s7 --with-motif --with-gsl

I think this is because homebrew has changed where it installs certain
files.

However this failed, as when I built it complained about the following
missing file:

/opt/homebrew/Cellar/openmotif/2.3.8_2/include/Xm/Xm.h:63:10: fatal error:
'X11/extensions/Print.h' file not found
#include <X11/extensions/Print.h>
1 error generated.

This file has been removed from the OSX Quartz distribution and currently
this won't build on OSX.

snd builds fine without a gui, but the gui build is currently broken.