[CM] [SND] how to record when using jack?

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jul 31 05:36:19 PDT 2023

Snd no longer has any recording ability.  Originally
there was a simple recorder (although it had great VU
meters), and I could maintain it. But at that time audio
hardware was changing rapidly, especially adding many
more channels.  I got many requests for support for
new devices which I did not have.  Some people very
generously sent me code, but did not have time to
offer maintenance.  The code eventually became such
a mess that I decided it was the programming equivalent
of an "attractive nuisance". I had no personal use for
it, and other programs existed that were dedicated
to that function (Ardour for example), so I finally
threw the whole thing away.