[CM] Port output function receives string 1 char at a time

vladimir florentino optimusvlad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 03:03:48 PST 2022

Sounds good. But, please, do consider providing a way to receive that
string as a single value. The functionality is already present, it
just needs a little extra to be exposed.

I don't know if I consider this a minor optimization. If the Scheme
side deals with long strings, say by receiving large xml payload from
an RPC call, invoking a function once for each character, just to
reassemble the data again, is an unnecessary use of cpu cycles.

Thanks