[CM] Identify binary plugins

Woody Douglass wdouglass at carnegierobotics.com
Thu Mar 24 05:05:35 PDT 2022

one more pass at this; dlopen uses the "magic numbers" at the beginning
of a file to identify the executable format; i think it's safe for s7
to do the same. I've modified the patch to include MacOS and Windows
exectuable file formats.

as an aside, ELF files can be executable! and dlopen can load them just
like a dll (as long as they have a dynamic symbol table). I can't see a
reason for s7 to take advantage of this, but I also can't see a reason
to prevent someone from loading an executable as an s7 extension either

Take a look at the revised patch, attached.

Thanks,
Woody Douglass