[CM] pre-parsing scheme code

Woody Douglass wdouglass at carnegierobotics.com
Mon Mar 21 09:21:26 PDT 2022

All,

I have a habit of creating a lot of s7 lists in C. this manifested in
my C code being littered with nested `s7_list_nl` calls, and became
unwieldy pretty quickly. So i wrote the attached script to "pre-parse"
scheme s-expressions that i use in my C code, and generate C code -- it
has done wonders for the maintainability of my codebase; also, it makes
running the linter against the embedded scheme less finicky.

Have any of you done something similar to this? is there a reason it's
a bad idea? is there a better way?

I guess this is just a request for comment; thanks for any insight you
can provide. also, feel free to use/improve this script!
-Woody Douglass