[CM] Fwd: Re: S7 questions and libc issue

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jun 28 13:00:35 PDT 2022

I also forgot to reply all

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [CM] S7 questions and libc issue
Date: 2022-06-28 12:58
 From: bil at ccrma.stanford.edu
To: Fernando Oleo Blanco <irvise_ml at irvise.xyz>

I think I would use something like repl.c, rather
than the -DWITH_MAIN switch.  Then in that file,
I would

#include "libc_s7.c"

and in the main repl.c function, after s7_init,
I would call libc_s7_init(sc); this ties the libc
library into the repl without all the dynamic loading
and *.so stuff.  nrepl.c uses this process to load the
stuff in notcurses_s7.c.

The s7_f error should have something to do with -Wl, export-dynamic,
but I can't immediately remember the details.  Once that's
fixed, the ELF business will also be fixed.

The so-called standard benchmarks test little of r7rs,
or little of r5rs for that matter -- I think they are
useless as benchmarks.  I get pissed off every time
I look at that code.