[CM] 22.4: Issues building with pulseaudio

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Jun 11 09:12:49 PDT 2022

On 2022-06-11 03:29:26 (-0700), bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU wrote:
> As you can see from your diff file, pulseaudio_sample_types
> is in audio.c.  I can't tell what configuration switches
> you use, but as your log shows, you got alsa+jack, and
> somehow pulseaudio as well -- I don't think this
> combination will work.  Use just --with-pulseaudio.
> Your mus_config.h file might help.

If I understand this correctly I can not build snd with ALSA, JACK *and*
pulseaudio support at the same time?

> This may have worked in the past because you were actually
> gettting alsa+jack, and the new procedure was not in 22.3,
> so the compiler and loader were happy.

That is probably correct, but shouldn't the build system prevent one
from building ALSA, JACK *and* pulseaudio support at the same time then?

Are these combinations tested somewhere in CI, or how is made sure that
builds with all features work? Sorry for my ignorance, but I was under
the impression that these features can be built together (the build
system and documentation does not suggest otherwise).

Is the course of action then to remove pulseaudio support or to provide
a separate binary that provides only pulseaudio support? This does not
sound like an approach that scales too well. :)

Best,
David

--
https://sleepmap.de